5.26.2008

pie and roses


pie and roses, originally uploaded by isabelle gr.

Summing up May, a month which begins with handpicked flowers laid out on the front doorstep and ends with strawberries ripening in the garden, is best done quickly, before the delicate memories wilt under summer sun. This month brought lots of celebration, including an elegant mother's day brunch, several spontaneous and chilly barbeques, long distance graduation toasts, and a few relaxing evenings in our little "garden" with friends.

My friend Kim, an artist from Brooklyn, came to visit with KJ, another ex-New Yorker friend who lives here in Seattle now. These two were beyond gracious guests: Kim walked right into the kitchen and started baking a strawberry-rhubarb pie! The little rose next to the pie is our very first blossom of the season. I couldn't take a photo of our first strawberry of the season because I had to wrench it from the jaws of our beastie.

1 comment:

Keepitmoving said...

I'm down to make pie anytime! I wish I lived next door...